Munnar in Kerala , is situated at the confluence of three mountain streams, Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala at an altitude of 1520 meters in the Kannan Devan hills. Hills, tea plantations, picturesque lanes and makes Munnar a popular tourist attraction in Kerala . This dreamy location was once the Summer Capital of British Raj in South India.
Tourism in Kerala is not always about backwaters and beaches. Tours to Munnar has set a trend of holidaying in the hill stations in Kerala especially in the boughs of virgin nature in the tea gardens and rivers.
Tourist Attractions in Munnar
- Visit Mattupeety Lake which was created by a small hydro electricity dam and is flanked by steep hills
- Don't miss out strolling to the Top Station , a vintage point around Munnar to have panoramic views of the landscape and the valley
- You can spot a variety of animals including the tahrs in Rajamalai Wildlife Sanctuary and in Ernakulum National Park also famous for the mountain goat of the Nilgiri tahr
- Stroll down along the green tea estates
- View Anaimud i, the highest peak of Southern India from Munnar
- Christ Church constructed by the British, has a number of brass plaques in memory of the earlier tea planters of the town.
- National Adventure Foundation conducts courses on paragliding
- Marayoor is abundant with sandalwood tress
How to Reach Munnar
Fly down to Kochi airport or Madurai airport and get a taxi to reach Munnar, about 130 km away
Kochi is the nearest railway station to Munnar
A good road network connects Munnar with the other places of Kerala. You can also drive to Munnar from Madurai and Coimbatore in six hours.
IndiaProfile.com leads you to the tours in Kerala. IndiaProfile.com also offers you online booking for Tour to Munnar . To book the tour or for more information, please fill up the form below.