Kovalam in Kerala , is a beautiful stretch of land decked with silver sands playing amorously on the palm-fringed shores. Kovalam means-- "a groove of coconut trees," and comprises three small beaches. |
Among all other tourist sites in Kerala , this sea coast town has evolved into a hotbed for tourism in Kerala . Whether you are looking for adventures in the waters, romance on beaches or rejuvenation in spa resorts, tours to Kovalamówill offer you all these varieties during your long-awaited holidays. A former fishing village, just 16 kilometers away from Trivandrum, this place was brought to prominence for exploration by the tourists by Maharaja of Travancore.
Tourist Attractions in Kovalam
- Padmanabhapuram Palace is just 54 kilometers from Thiruvananthapuram, which was built in 4th century. It was the moot of Travancore rulers Anizham Thirunal Marthanda Varma till the capital was shifted to Thiruvananthapuram in 1780.
- Anchuthengu Fort built by the British East India Company in the 17th century, displays the British style of architecture.
- Napier Museum contains a fine collection of Keralian bronzes, ornaments and costumes
- Kuthiramalika Palace Museum displays excellent carvings and amazing architectural designs
- Veli Tourist Village is a popular picnic spot with landscaped gardens and water-sports facilities.
- Sankhumugham Beach draws a number of sunset watchers.
- Varkala Beach has a sea side resort, Janardana Swamy Temple and the Nature Centre with stretches of white sands
- You should also visit Kovalam lighthouse
How to Reach Kovalam
Fly down to Trivandrum airport from any major cities of India or from even Gulf or South-east Asian countries.
You can reach Trivandrum Central railway station from any major cities by rail
You can also drive down to Kovalam by road along the National Highways
IndiaProfile.com leads you to the tours in Kerala. IndiaProfile.com also offers you online booking for Tours to Kovalam . To book the tour or for more information, please fill up the form below.