Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is an event, organized every year by the Government of India. The main focus to this event is to recognize the major contributions of community of Indian Overseas in various fields to help India�s development. The event is organized by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs in collaboration with CII. It is held every year in the month of January. The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 Program will be held from 7th of January, 2011 to 9th of January, 2011. The venue for the 8th event is Vigyan Bhavan, Delhi.
Details about the program
The event features a number of segments. The President of India will be inaugurating the convention on 8th of January. The President of India will also deliver a farewell speech on the 9th of January. The event will also feature a number of sessions to increase the collaboration of Indian Overseas Community in the development of the nation. Some of the main sessions of the event are as follows:
- Pre Convention Sessions featuring a seminar on education - "Diaspora & Education-The emerging opportunities" and seminar on health - "Health services- Connecting the Diaspora".
- Inaugural Session with the Prime Minister of India
- 1st Plenary Session with the CMs of North Eastern States and Minister DoNER
- 2nd Plenary Session for interaction with Group of Union Ministers � �Opportunity India�.
- Parallel Sessions that will feature business opportunities in Information Communication & Entertainment, Industry Round Table, Celebrating the Global Indian and India and its Young Overseas Indians.
- Plenary Session on �Inclusive Growth� with the Chief Ministers
- C K Prahalad Memorial Lecture
- Parallel State Sessions
- Valedictory Session with the President of India
- Conferment of Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards by the President of India
- Cultural Programmes & Dinner
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Exhibition
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 Program will also feature a comprehensive exhibition. The event is expecting a participation of 1500 Overseas Indian dignitaries of Global Indian Family. The exhibition will emphasize on a number of sectors. Some of them are as follows:
Other features of the event
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 Program will also focus a lot in solving a number of issues related to the Indian Overseas Community. The program efficiency in solving these issues has earned it further significance. Some of the issues to be discussed in this event are as follows:
- Consumer Goods
- North East & Other States
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
Indianholiday.com offers a lot of online information on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 Program.
- Providing the right to vote to NRIs
- Overseas Indian Facilitation foundation
- Foundation of Global Advisory Council of People of Indian Origin or PIO of the Prime Minister
- Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra concept
- Scheme of Overseas Citizenship of India
- Establishment of India Development Foundation
- Establishment The Global Indian Network of Knowledge or Global-INK