Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is a programme to mark the contribution of the community of Overseas Indian towards the development of Indian sub continent. It is a much awaited event that draws a lot of attention. The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 is all set to be held on and from 7th January, 2011 to 9th January, 2011. The venue of the event will be held at the Vigyan Bhavan, Delhi.
Sessions in Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011
Started by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, the event is divided into different segments. The event will also feature a farewell speech by the President of India on 9th of January. The event is divided into several segments. The various segments are as follows:
Issues to be discussed
- Pre Convention Sessions that include seminar on education and seminar on health.
- An inaugural session the honorable Prime Minister of India
- Plenary Session 1 that includes CMs of North Eastern States and Minister DoNER
- Plenary Session 2 featuring interaction with Union Ministers � �Opportunity India�.
- Parallel Sessions that includes industry round table, business opportunities, India and its young overseas Indians and Celebration of Global Indian
- Plenary Session with CMs on �Inclusibe Growth�
- C K Prahalad Memorial Lecture
- A Valedictory Session with honorable President of India
- Parallel State Sessions
- Conferment of Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards by the President of India
- Cultural Programs and Dinners
There are a number of reasons for the high importance of the event. One of the main reasons is that it provides a great platform to the NRIs and the PIOs for exchanging views on matters of common interests. The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2011 will be a decision making place for a number of issues. Some of the issues are as follows: