Apollo Fertility and IVF Center provides the patients with a huge assortment of Assisted Reproductive Technology services which intend to help patient in bearing a child. The ART services have resulted as a booming product in treating infertility. The Apollo Fertility and IVF centers assure all its patients with minimum invasion.
All the doctors pertaining to different branches consciously have arrived at the conclusion that the similar symptoms can also be shown the two people suffering from different problems. It is believed that an accurate diagnosis is a must before the start of the treatment. The same goes for true when talking about the symptom of the couple's inability to have a child. It is then strongly recommended that before starting with any of the infertility treatments one should go for a thorough examination. As these examinations are sure to provide you with the best advice in respect to your condition along with helping the doctors to come to a decision regarding the most appropriate treatment for them.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Assisted Reproductive Technology term can be well abbreviated as the attempt to obtain pregnancy through any other means other than intercourse are referred to as Assisted Reproductive Technology. There are a large number of methods that fall under this category and are being offered by Apollo Hospital etc:
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI):
In this process the processed semen by making use of a catheter is placed directly inside the uterus. Though it can be done in a natural cycle but in order to get great results it is mostly done before the Ovarian stimulation / Ovulation induction by using the fertility enhancing drugs.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo Transfer (ET) :This process is better known as the ' Test Tube Baby' and involves fertilization of an ovum outside one body and later transferring of this fertilized ovum inside the uterus of the woman receiving the treatment. IVF is one of the most popular and widely assisted conception treatment present in the world. This treatment does not require admission on any of the steps and are conducted on-out patient basis.
Various Steps under IVF Procedure:
- Stimulation of Ovarian in order to produce multiple eggs with the help of hormonal injections
- Ultrasound scans and various blood tests for monitoring of the responses.
- Patient subjected to general / local anesthesia for retrieval of egg with usage of a needle.
- Fertilization of the eggs in laboratory
- Transfer of the cultured embryo(s) in woman uterus
- One Blood test is scheduled 15 days post the transfer of the embryo to know the confirmation of pregnancy. If it is successful then an embryo (one or more) is implanted in the uterus for the pregnancy to result and is quite similar to the natural process of conception.
Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI):ICSI method is seen as the major breakthrough which will help in the treatment of a patient suffering from the inability to produce sperms for fertilizing an egg. In order to achieve fertilization using this treatment cytoplasm is injected with a sperm directly. With all the steps remaining the same, as followed during the IVF treatment, but in ICSI treatment procedure fertilization is accomplished through micromanipulator. In severe cases where sperm are completely absent in the ejaculate. They can be recovered from the epididymis / testis and can be used for ICSI. The various techniques available for sperm retrieval include TESE ((Testicular Sperm Extraction), MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration), TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration) and PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
IVF using Donor Oocyte (Eggs): Women suffering from poor Oocyte quality which makes them either not capable to produce their own eggs or are not able to fertilize during the IVF cycle. Such women need not worry as they can be treated by using the other women's eggs called the Donor Oocyte. The other options which are made accessible to the infertile couples include surrogacy and donor embryos.
Assisted Hatching: This line of treatment suggests either drilling a hole to the outer covering of the egg / thinning it or by simply altering the zona pellucid which is turn helps in implantation of embryos or hatching it which would otherwise cannot escape intact from the Zona pellucida.
Apollo Fertility and IVF CenterCryo Preservation of Embryos: Embroys can be preserved for many years at an ultra low temperature which can be used and even don't require egg retrieval or ovarian stimulation. Please take a note that the pregnancy rate by using the frozen embryos in very lower than one in comparison to the fresh ones.
Semen / Sperm Freezing: Semen can be stored in the frozen form for a long duration at an ultra low temperature. Later the same can be used for future analysis.
Semen Bank: Apollo hospital has come up with a semen bank to help the couples in need. The bank preserves the sperm in the frozen for provided by its voluntary donors. These sperms are stored in unique ways and can easily be classified for the physical characteristics to match in accordance to the need of various individuals. The donors contributing to its sperm bank are thoroughly examined for any genetic diseases or infections.
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Failure at different steps of IVF Treatment
- The incidence of congenital malformation in IVF babies is no more than in the general population.
The various factors that affect the success includes the age of the patient and the type of the abnormalities which causes infertility. With most of the abnormalities show great recovery to the IVF while others do not show. Presently the Apollo hospital has a success rate of 30-40 % per attempt.
Treatment Options Available
- Sperm Bank
- Assisted Hatching
- Blastocyst Culture
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Gamete Intra Fallopian Transfer
- Intra Uterine Cytoplasmic Injection (ICSI)
- Donor Embryo Program (genetic surrogacy)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo Transfer
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Husband / Donor
- Ovulation induction / controlled ovarian stimulation
- Sperm Retrieval techniques - TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration), TESE ((Testicular Sperm Extraction), MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration), PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)