Genomee in Bhagirathi Neotia Woman & Child Care Centre is a specialized fertility clinic that fulfills your desire to have a baby. It deals with the entire gamut of infertility services and gives you a possible solution to come out of it. Surrogacy is one such solution in which a woman carries a pregnancy and gives birth to a baby for another woman. Surrogacy at Genomee, Kolkata is proven successful over the years since the inception.
Surrogates can be divided in to into two kinds:
- The intended parents' gametes are used to create an embryo, which is transferred to the surrogate mother. If the intended mother or father is infertile, the couple could use donated eggs or sperm. In this situation, the surrogate mother is not genetically related to the child born as a result of the arrangement.
- The surrogate mother's eggs are inseminated with the intended father's sperm. The resulting child is genetically related to the intended father and surrogate mother, but not the intended mother. This type of surrogacy could be used if the intended mother's eggs are unable to be used.
IVF surrogacy may be advised when:
Surrogacy at Genomee is recommended only on the advice of its Medical Panel.
- The woman’s ovaries can not produce eggs due to hysterectomy or any other uterine conditions.
- The woman’s uterus is malformed or damaged and is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to term.
- The woman suffers from medical problems like heart and kidney diseases or diabetes.
Medical indications of Surrogacy
Surrogacy is indicated in the following cases:
Characteristics of a Good Surrogate
- Absence of uterus
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Repeated failure of embryo implantation
- Medical conditions making pregnancy unsafe
An ideal candidate for surrogacy should:
At Genomee, we evaluate the surrogate's motivation, her support system, her past and present health and social history, her physical ability to successfully achieve a pregnancy, and her psychological and emotional outlook and stability.
- be fit (usually less than 35 years of age)
- have at least one child
- have a healthy height and weight, within normal body-mass index
- not have any serious medical problems during pregnancy or delivery
- have a supporting husband or partner who is fully aware of the situation
- have a stable heterosexual relationship
- be using barrier contraceptives during treatment
Counseling at Genomee
At Genomee, we put maximum emphasis on Counseling before the procedure is actually commenced.
It is to be remembered that for all cases of surrogacy, counseling is an absolute necessity in contemplating any surrogacy arrangement and should be carried out exhaustively.
The independent counseling of both genetic and host couples is followed diligently at Genomee. This is because of many psychological, ethical and legal issues surrounding surrogacy.
The Medical Panel and the Counselor is to ensure that all implications of the procedure have been carefully explored and help all parties concerned to come to an understanding of the tremendous impact that surrogacy will have on their lives, on the child born as a result of the treatment.
There are four different types of counseling:
At Genomee our Medical Panel are always in touch with the recipient couple as well as the surrogate to monitor the regular progress.
- Information Counseling
- Implication Counseling
- Support Counseling
- Therapeutic Counseling
Genomee accepts couples who bring their own surrogates. If any couple desires to source surrogate in India, then Genomee can help them in their endeavor in full compliance to the legal guidelines.