Introduction to Hysterectomy:
A common solution for gynecological cancers and tumors, hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus or the womb. Hysterectomy may be total or partial. Total or complete hysterectomy requires the removal of the body and cervix of the uterus, while partial hysterectomy entails removal of the uterine body completely but leaving the cervix intact.
Hysterectomy surgery in India is quite economical and is also known as vaginal hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, supracervical hysterectomy, radical hysterectomy and removal of the uterus.
Procedure of Hysterectomy:
Most hysterectomies are conducted via the open technique, formally known as laparotomy. After anesthesia, the abdominal wall is opened, giving the surgeon optimum access to the reproductive structures and organs. The procedure varies depending on the kind of hysterectomy required.
Your physician will help you decide which type of hysterectomy is best suited for you, depending on your medical history and the cause for the surgery. Expert gynecologists conduct hysterectomy surgery in India at a fraction of the cost.
Duration of Treatment:
Again, hospital stay depends largely on the type of hysterectomy performed. On an average, Hysterectomy surgery in India requires one to stay for 2-4 days in the hospital, while complete recovery may take 2 weeks to 2 months.
Side Effects of Hysterectomy:
Side effects that may stem after hysterectomy include injury to nearby organs, including the bladder or blood vessels, injury to bowel or pain with intercourse. One may also experience slight weight gain, which may last for a few months at most.
Apollo Hospital has Gynecological specialists and a world class Gynecological department that offers the latest in Hysterectomy surgery in India and other Gynecological treatment and care. You can avail the services of the best Gynecological specialists to undergo Hysterectomy at Apollo Hospital.
(In US $)
(In US $)
|1) Laparoscopic Surgeries
- IVF with egg donation USD 6820 – USD 7955
- IVF using sperm donation USD 3045 + medication cost (aprox $ 1140 – $ 1365).
- IVF without egg donation or IVF without using sperm donation $ 2590 + medication cost (aprox $ 1140 – $ 1365).
- IUI procedure costs $ 230 – $ 275 + medication (aprox $ 115).
- ICSI Cost $ 2590 + medication (aprox $ 1140 – $ 1365).
- Prices are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- These are indicative prices only and may vary depending on the conditon of the patient, at the time of admission.
- Apollo will provide final estimates at the time of patient's admission.
- Single room is well furnished with Bed, Sofa-cum-Bed for Companion, Cupboard, Medicine Drawer, TV, Telephone and
Wi-fi facility for Internet access. Mobile phones are available on request.
- Stay and food for one Companion with patient in a Single Room is included in the above packages.
- Services like Mobile, Laundry etc. will be charged extra.
- Post-stay outside the Hospital is at the personal expense of the patient and is not included in the above prices.
- 1 US $ = INR 45
Medical India Tourism in association with India Profile offers online information on Hysterectomy surgery in India offered by Apollo Hospital. For more details and information, please fill up the form below.