Bariatric according to medical science deals with obesity,
its cause, treatment and surgery. Overweight is detrimental
for a person's, physical, social, psychological and
emotional health. Obesity is a rising medical problem
that makes one susceptible to heart diseases, diabetes,
sleep apnea and other chronic problems. It is always
advisable to prevent ourselves from diseases than to
go for its cure but when faced with a crisis doctors
are ready with answers. Indiaprofile.com offers medical
tourism in association with the Apollo Group of Hospitals,
for diagnosis and treatment involving bariatric surgery.
Factors Causing Obesity
- Consumption of more calories than what the body burns
is one of the factors leading to obesity. The unused
calories are stored as fat and over a long period of
time with minimal physical activity one tends to become
- Hereditary and genetic factors are also responsible
for gain weight.
- Environmental factors and modern lifestyle contribute
to this new medical problem
Overweight health hazards
- Overweight severely damages the body in all its bodily
functions. There is propensity of developing major medical
problems due to obesity
- Life span of an obese person is much less than compared
- Obese people are 6 times more prone to heart diseases.
- High blood pressure and hypertension are common in
obese people often leading to severe heart attacks,
hardening of arteries and kidney problems.
- High blood cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnea , respiratory
problems, heartburn, asthma, bronchitis, arthritis,
urinary incontinence and emotional imbalance are other
major health hazards of obese people.
Surgical Treatment for Obesity
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Banding
- Bariatric surgery not only reduces weight significantly
but minimizes a number of other health problems associated
- Bariatric surgery is not just for overweight people
but also for those who are unable to shed weight through
dieting. After the surgery one should be cautious about
the quantity as well as the quality of food one eats
and one should maintain his or her weight.
Indiaprofile.com offers medical tourism in association
with the Apollo Group of Hospitals, for diagnosis and
treatment involving bariatric surgery. Log on to it
to get the information regarding bariatric diseases,
its diagnosis and its different forms of surgery.
(In US $)
(In US $)
|1) Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
India Profile offers Medical Tourism in India, in association with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals. For more information please enter your query in the form.
- Prices are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- These are indicative prices only and may vary depending on the conditon of the patient, at the time of admission.
- Apollo will provide final estimates at the time of patient's admission.
- Single room is well furnished with Bed, Sofa-cum-Bed for Companion, Cupboard, Medicine Drawer, TV, Telephone and
Wi-fi facility for Internet access. Mobile phones are available on request.
- Stay and food for one Companion with patient in a Single Room is included in the above packages.
- Services like Mobile, Laundry etc. will be charged extra.
- Post-stay outside the Hospital is at the personal expense of the patient and is not included in the above prices.
- 1 US $ = INR 45