The Apollo Fertility and IVF Center is earning huge appreciation in the medical industry for providing the complete array of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) services to help a patient deliver a child. The priority of the organization is to ensure successful results in infertility treatment with reduced invasion. The doctors and professionals at the branches of the Apollo Fertility and IVF Center recommend for a proper examination of the patient, so that the professional could suggest the most appropriate treatment.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) is a medical technique that includes attempts to get pregnant through other than by intercourse. Here are some of the methods available at Apollo Fertility and IVF Center:
1. Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI): In this process, the processed semen is directly placed in the uterus of the patient, using a catheter. To ensure better results, IUI is done in a natural cycle. It is done after Ovarian stimulation / ovulation induction, through appropriate fertility enhancing drugs.
2. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo Transfer (ET): This process is very popular as ‘Test Tube Baby’. In Vitro Fertilization the ovum is fertilized outside the body and thereafter, the fertilized ovum (embryo) is transferred into the uterus of the patient. This technique is practiced all over the globe.
3. Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): In the field of IVF, the ICSI has been a technological breakthrough. This method is to overcome the unfitness of sperm to fertilize an egg. In order to achieve fertilization, the sperm is directly infused into the cytoplasm of an egg. The procedure is same as that involved in IVF. The only difference is the fertilization is attained using a micromanipulator. In some cases, when there is an absence of sperm in the ejaculation, the sperm could be retrieved from the epididymis / testis. For retrieval, techniques such as MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration), TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction), PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration), and TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration) are used.
4. IVF using Donor Oocyte (Eggs): If the eggs of the patient fail to fertilize or patient is unable to produce their own eggs during an IVF cycle due to inadequate Oocyte quality, the patients are helped by utilizing eggs of other women (Donor Oocyte). Surrogacy and replacement of donor embryos are other alternates available for the infertile couple.
5. Assisted Hatching: This procedure is dependent on the fact that an undulation in the zona pellucida (outer covering of the egg) by thinning it or drilling a hole. This procedure will promote implantation or hatching of embryos, unable to break out intact from the outer covering of the egg (zona pellucid).
6. Cryo Preservation of Embryos: for many years, the Surplus (excess) Embryos at ultra low temperature can be cryo-preserved. Later, the frozen embryos could be used without egg retrieval and ovarian stimulation. The rate of pregnancy is relatively lower through frozen embryos in comparison to fresh embryos.
Semen / Sperm Freezing: For Apollo Fertility Treatment, the hospital is well equipped to store the Semen/Sperm or testicular biopsies at ultra low temperatures for a longer duration. The storage is future analysis or use.
Semen Bank: The hospital also boasts of its own semen bank. In this bank, frozen sperm from voluntary donors are stored. The sperms are characterized on the basis of different physical traits and backgrounds, meeting the individual needs. The donors are thoroughly screened to avoid any transmission of genetic or infectious diseases.
• Multiple Pregnancy
• Ectopic Pregnancy
• Failure at different steps of IVF Treatment
• Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
• Congenital malformation in IVF babies is no more compared to the general population
The success rate of any treatment is one of the major aspects of influencing medical tourism in India. The age of the patient is the factor of consideration for IVF treatment. Along with this, experts and professionals in the hospital also ensure that the patient is free from abnormalities and factors that lead to infertility. According to the latest survey, the hospital has 30% – 40% pregnancy rate per attempt.